Friday, December 05, 2008

Kabuki


le Kabuki / Rony Zakaria

I was being a bit lazy these last couple of weeks. I stayed home most of the time, doing practically almost nothing. Cutting my self some slack. Photographically? I took less serious pictures than I do usually and more of snapshots. Which is not a bad thing.

Anyway, I watched a Kabuki performance yesterday. I'm not a die hard fan of Japanese stuff to be frank, but I do love interesting culture and plus the venue is just 10 minutes by cycling from my place. So off I went.


untitled / Rony Zakaria

I don't understand much about Japanese culture, but beside how they put their movement synchronized in rhythm I am very amazed how they seemingly able to open their eyes all night long and didn't wink (at least not seen).

At the end of the day, I really like the performance. Certainly better than watching some cheap movies in the cinema.

No comments: