Sunday, June 22, 2008

Birthday, a Reminder


Minutes to Dusk. Yogyakarta. 2008

I turned 24 recently. It's not something too special and of course I never did celebrate it. Well, I don't take it for granted but for me birthday is more like a reminder instead of a milestone.

I am really grateful for the last twelve months I have experienced good, exciting, spontaneous and adventurous moments. From skipping my graduation day, climbing a volcano, hitchike till swimming in an open sea. Crazy moments during a journey, with mother nature, with friends.

I don't have a favourite year, I never picked one, and never compare between those years. I am just happy enough that so far I have experienced every year of my life differently.

I do sometimes look back, remembering moments that have passed. And for me birthday is a reminder to look forward again, not too long looking at the same page, to yet again make new adventures.

And to experience another year differently...

3 comments:

Karolus Naga said...

happy b*day ...

suryo wibowo said...

late, but better than never...
happy birthday, ron!

emil said...

though years may pass differently, but there is always one moment of truth, a souvenir...once given, never be forgotten :)